The IBA’s internal function is to serve as the college’s hub for applied research activities, particularly as it relates to sponsored projects. Our research allows for a scientific process to transform data into insights for the purpose of assisting decision-makers to achieve data-driven decisions to improve processes.
The IBA customizes our research, service, and teaching endeavors to meet community, state, and national needs. This involves skills in securing Corporate and Government Contracts and Grant Awards, as well as editing of Scientific Peer-Reviewed Manuscripts. The IBA offers a holistic approach to Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics which enables our researchers to utilize technological agility for strength in devising solutions to data and analytics needs for applied research. Our researchers also utilize and grow the knowledge of Culverhouse students through hands-on experience in experiential learning programs.
Collaboration with Culverhouse Divisions and Faculty includes: Leveraging current research expertise; Research opportunities from cooperation on existing projects; and Assistance with design and implementation of analytic and statistical study plans
Examples of Active State and Federal Projects (Contract and Grant-Based Research) includes:
- Alabama Medicaid Agency – Consulting Collaboration and Research
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency – Opioid Centralized Data Repository
- Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs – Evaluation of “Click It or Ticket” for the Law Enforcement/ Traffic Safety Division
- S. Department of Justice – Unified Nexus for Leveraging Opioid Crime Knowledge
- Veterans Administration – Operation Deep Dive, Research regarding Suicide Rates of Veterans
- National Institutes of Health – Collaboration with UAB, NIH, and the University of Alabama for research with the UAB Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences
- Lockheed Martin – Systematic Analytic Advisor Process
- Protective Life Insurance – Visiting Scholars Program